Monday, April 12, 2010

Extra Blog 1

I was thinking about one of the classes over this semester and how it was one that is stuck in my head. Every time we talk about or i hear the saying, "in one of the previous classes", I automatically think back to this one. The class I referring to is the class when we discussed Christensen. I really disliked the article when I read it the first time, however this class completely changed my mind, as did the class we started talking about Delipt. I thought that is was so wrong to critique everything I loved to watch as a child and when Christensen stated, changing up some of the stories and their characters and the themes along with it, I was completely against it. I thought that there was no way a child would watch it, that it wasn't interesting enough. But then I realized, with the help of our class discussions, that if its not there for them to watch and they never have heard of it, they wont miss it. I loved the movie Cinderella, and when I realized that really the only messages that were being put out there were that you have to have nice things for people to like you and you need a man to be happy.
The best thing about the class was when we watched clips from Beauty and the Beast and the other music videos. I learn visually so seeing clips then discussing it really made me understand it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment